There are many rules around Business etiquette. The purpose of these rules is so everyone knows what is correct thereby making Business a pleasant experience for everyone.
In the corporate world deals can be lost if people do not know correct table manners. It is not very pleasant to be sitting at a table with someone who does not have good table manners.
Following is a list of some Business etiquette dos and don’ts at the Table
- Sit up straight
- Don’t handle utensils waiting for food
- Elbows should be locked into the sides of your body while you are eating an should never be placed on the table.
- When food arrives – thank the cook if in a private home
- Do not begin to eat until everyone is served If a large group, it is ok. to start when 3 others are served.
- Never talk with your mouth full and conversation should always be pleasant at the table.
- Do not ask for something if it is not on the table.
- Salt and pepper: taste food first before using.
- Always pass the salt and pepper together.
- If salad is served on a small side plate, eat it from there, don’t tip it onto your dinner plate.
- The fork is held in the left hand and the knife in the right.
- We hold our hands over the knife and fork not under them.
- Bring your fork up to our mouth, not your mouth down to the plate.
For more information or you would like to take a course please contact us.